Home Stretch

So I decided that this week my entry will be an acknowledgment to the fact that we only have 3 weeks of school left [INCLUDING EXAMS]… Not only that – after Friday we have nothing to turn in for this class. Doesn’t that brighten your day a bit guys? It did to me – even though my paper is still terrible and needs so much work it is not even funny and I just put together my first powerpoint ever [i know… what DID they teach me in high school right? Not citations, footnotes, or powerpoint? SERIOUSLY!!!] Raise your hand if you’ve ever made a powerpoint before tonight – oh yeah that’s everyone but me. My roommate had to help me make it look pretty and colorful. Pathetic I say. Anyways goodnight all.

5 responses to “Home Stretch”

1. historyjustin says:

Count me in on that! Prior to my Business French presentation the Tuesday before Thanksgiving vacation, I had never done a powerpoint presentation. I have taken a number of beginning powerpoint tutorials and class lessons, but when I was in high school, powerpoint was something new and flashy. So if you wanted to do a powerpoint presentation, it was cutting edge, but it was impossible. It was trip in community college speech class when practically everyone nonchalantly did powerpoint presentations. It still is a bit of trip that in every class there is an overhead projector and computer. Anyway, good luck.

2. Mary Beth says:

Don’t worry about when I was in high school they didn’t even have computers lol!!! I taught myself to do power points…it is just a trial and error by playing with it and trying all the buttons. I actually like doing them now. Good Luck on your presentation.
    MaryBeth

3. historyjustin says:

Yeah, self-teaching is a good experience. Most of the computer nerds of my previous college experience that were any good did nothing but experiment with new technologies and computer languages, that was how they got to be so good! It is amazing how much of our everyday experience is experimentation.

4. Cheryl says:

I am glad that we are almost done. I can use a break from research.

I agree with Mary Beth. They didn’t have computers in the classrooms when I was in High School. However, I learned about power point when I went to Northern Virginia Community College.

5. embea says:

I think you did a great job on your presentation and your power point was great as well. I loved the old pictures of your great grandparents that was a great touch..I used a picture of my grandma’s church in my powerpoint because I got my fascination of flappers from her..she used to always say that she would have made a great flapper and I would have to agree with her on that lol! She was just a kid when they were popular though. Good luck on your paper.
    MaryBeth