Presentations

So it’s not that I am shy… you all know that. But something about making an official presentation is a little bit more intimidating than making snide comments during class. I guess it’s good to make the connection now that my career should probably not include oral presentations as a major element of it. That’s ok with me. As I commented with Mary Beth’s post – the speaking center is going to be my good good friend before the ten minute presentation. Maybe I should start a regiment where “like” “basically” and “um” are not allowed to come out of my mouth… it could help right? Hey… at least that ones over right? Only one more to go and then my speaking intensive gen. eds are ooooovvvverrr.

2 responses to “Presentations”

1. historyjustin says:

But you are so actressly, I mean, you would fit right in with all of those people who love to act. Why don’t you learn how to act in order to improve your speech skills? It might be a good idea.

2. jkilday says:

I don’t think too many people are fond of public speaking, I know I’m definitely not, yet I want to be a teacher, how that works I do not know. I think I’ll probably go back to the speaking center before the ten minute presentation too if I can because I think it’s pretty helpful to practice in front of someone you don’t really know. Good presentation though. One to go.